Tuesday, September 09, 2008

where d'ya put the keys, girl?

it's been eight months since I've felt any inclination to write anything, and for someone who used to write every day, it's been strange. it's not as though nothing has happened in the last eight months--quite the contrary, to say the least. but the more there has been going on, the less creative I've felt. I didn't even have a new piece for the reconciliation show--I just pulled out something I did a few years back, but had never shown. what is it about stress that makes us check out? shouldn't we turn to our healthy coping mechanisms instead of waiting for boredom to numb our over-worked minds?
september is always much more of a new year than january is for me, which, perhaps, is why I'm trying to start so many new things (and start some old things over again). not that I'm planning to change my name and move to another country, but you never know, I might do something even crazier. like get a haircut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home