Monday, May 08, 2006

my secret life as a valley girl



okay, I don't have a secret life as a valley girl. But I got my hair cut today, and the hairdresser blowdried my hair straight, so I kinda look like a valley girl now. Hopefully that will pass as soon as I wash it and the nappy-head returns.

I finally learned my lesson and stopped going to the posh salon downtown. Why I ever started going there, I'll never know--they're really expensive and kinda snooty, but they lure you in with their "I'm so cool and you could be too" ambiance. But after two chin-length hair cuts when I asked for shoulder-length, I decided that they were a little too cool for me. So, after work today, I walked three doors down to my local beauty shop (yes, we still call them that in our little Dean Heights Shopping Centre), and an hour later I walked out with my self-image intact. Plus I got to know Carly the Hair-Dresser-Gal, an artist who wants to study psychology and has actually been to the Place a few times. All in all, a pretty good way to spend an afternoon. So no more visits to posh salons for me--the local beauty/barber shop is where it's at, folks.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Renegade Librarian said...

Hey Valley Girl!

You look nice with your hair straight, even if the camera is obscuring your face. That being said, "nappy head" works well too!

10:37 a.m.  
Blogger Heather said...

Your hair is so long straight!
Your have beautiful curls, people would pay big money for your hair :)

12:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home