Thursday, July 06, 2006

it's true


Yes, the rumors are true, I sprained both my ankles last Sunday. Somebody (not mentioning any names, of course, but his last name starts with 'n' and rhymes with 'obel') left a stack of two-by-ten boards perched precariously beside one another and then asked me to move them into his truck. Being the submissive type (cough, cough) I picked the first one up, not realizing that all the others were resting against the one I moved. Down they came, crushing my unsuspecting size-five feet. Thus my once-dainty ankles (again, cough, cough) were afflicted with "multiple contusions, bruised bones, bad sprains, and a possible fracture", or so the doctor said. Looks like lawn games are out for me this week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That’s terrible Julia. I hope your ankles heal fast.

5:37 p.m.  
Blogger James Kingsley said...

tough break dude! (sorry, i had to be the first with that one!).

on the upside, thing of all the happy lawn game'ers who know have a chance at winning! wait to sacrifice your body for others!

get well soon though eh?!

9:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia! You be careful! Hope you get better real fast. Take care of yourself kiddo.

12:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey julia, you're in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Not the way to spend summer.

12:12 p.m.  
Blogger chris said...

Aww - poor you! Hope you're doing OK. Hey, while you're recouping with your feet up... we should do a movie night some time!! You provide the couches, I'll bring the DVD!

9:21 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch. Thinking and praying.

4:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home