Friday, January 05, 2007

You mean I could have been eating that soup for nine years!?!

Now that I'm leaving the pie shop, I'm discovering some shocking things, most of which I really wish I'd known before.

1. Our split pea soup is really good
-I've been making that soup a couple of times a week for almost nine years, and, thanks to previous bad experiences with split pea soup, I never tried it. The other day, I finally did, and believe me, I was shocked.

2. We have a watering can
-For nine years, I've been watering the plants with big, awkward measuring cups that get more water on the table than in the vases. A couple of weeks ago, I look up, and all of a sudden I see a watering can on a shelf above my head. Turns out it's been there the whole time. Figures.

3. One of my regulars has a daugther
-Okay, that might not be all that surprising, but I see this guy twice a day, every day, and I didn't know he had a daughter. Apparently she's a dentist. Who knew.

It's funny that I find out all this information right before I'm leaving. Sigh. I'm going to miss this place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home