Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Nobels

On the way to church the other night I was lamenting to Jay that, in a few short weeks, people are going to start referring to us as 'The Nobels'. This lament was, of course, part of my ongoing grumpiness about changing my name. Not two minutes later, when we entered the church building, Don Crawford comes up to us and says "Hey, Nobels, how's it going?" (Which just goes to show that Don's well-renowned ninja skills are even more stealth-like than I thought--seriously, how does he know everything?)

The Nobels. We're going to be 'The Nobels'. I swear that makes me sound like I'm 25 going on 40. Not only that, but it makes me FEEL like I'm 25 going on 40. I guess I may as well just accept the domesticity that others will inevitably thrust upon me now that I'm getting married. I'll attend marriage conferences that tell me about the 'roles and responsibilities of the wife'. Although, since I'm going to be the one who's working and Jay's the one who's staying home, I guess I already blew that one, huh. Excellent.

1 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

um, about those marriage conferences..i recommend a weekend on your own in a cabin with wine, cheese and chocolate. Never had a problem with spousal "roles" on one of these conferences!

9:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home