Friday, July 23, 2010

Learning for Learning's Sake

I like the idea of education for education's sake. I like learning, and I don't think education is ever valueless. But is paying to learn for learning's sake the best use of limited resources? I know I can't get the same learning from reading about this subject in a book. The courses I want to take are very interactive, and are taught by well-respected professionals. But how much money can I spend on something that will give me very little financial return? Especially when I've just lost my biggest source of income. These courses will not improve my employability, which is definitely lacking. They are essentially useless for me. But they're not valueless. So do they have enough value to put them on my credit card?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home